Monday, November 21, 2016

Holika Holika Golden Monkey Glamour Lip 3-Step Set


What is it for?

3-step system to help with dry lips.

Active Ingredients:

Step 1: gold, cellulose,
Step 2: collagen, hyaluronic acid,
Step 3: honey, royal jelly

To look at the full list of ingredients, its function for each, and its safety/irritant levels go ahead and click on this website:

Directions:

  1. Step 1: Use pad to exfoliate and clean lips.
  2. Step 2: Apply hydro gel mask for 15 minutes
  3. Step 3: Apply honey treatment on lips.

Review:

As stated above, the packaging is ridiculously cute! 😄 There are three steps to this lip kit and each step is clearly labeled on the package. What I like about the packaging besides its cuteness, was that each step was separated in it's on compartment and they were perforated for easy access of the product and use between the steps.



Front
Back

Perforated lines make it easy to separate between each step.
 The first step is a white cotton sheet that is shaped like a pair of lips. You're supposed to use this to exfoliate the lips. This pad did absolutely nothing for my lips. I rubbed hard and it still didn't exfoliate my lips. Although it might be just me because I don't really suffer from super chapped lips.

Step 1
The second step was the most fun compared to the other two steps! It’s a gel consistency, shaped like a pair of lips, and has a slight pinkish tone to it. I was a little worried that this was going to slip and slide all over the place, but it actually stayed nice and put after you placed it on your lips. While waiting the 15 minutes, I just watched some TV and before you know it, it was time to remove it.

Step 2

The third step consisted of applying honey lip balm. The consistency was very thick, sticky, and goopy. There's actually a lot left over product, so if you want to save it for another use, you could. If you're not a fan of sticky and thick lip balms, you won't like this step.

Step 3
I used this kit overnight and the next morning, my lips were definitely more moisturized and a little more plumper. It also felt soft to the touch. Overall, this is a fun thing to do and does help if your lips are feeling a little chapped or dry. Would I repurchase this? Probably not. It's a fun thing to do and works great, but in all honesty I feel like exfoliating my lips with my e.l.f. lip scrub and using petroleum jelly works just as well for me, so I'll be continuing with that.

Overall:

Pros:
Cons:
*super cute packaging
*fun to do
*moisturizes and hydrates lips
*slight plumping affect to lips
*lip mask stays put
*step 1 doesn't do much to exfoliate
*if you don't like thick or sticky lip balms, you won't like step 3

DISCLAIMER:
Just wanted to note that the products I review are all purchased with my own money, unless I state otherwise. If you do use any of these products, please do so at your discretion as the results will vary depending on the person and their skin type.  I am in no way responsible for the results or outcome if you decide to try any of the products I recommend. These reviews are my 100% honest thoughts. Please don't be offended if I didn't like a product that you happen to love. What may work or not work for me, may be totally different from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment