Monday, November 7, 2016

Innisfree Super Volcanic Clay Mask


What is it for?

6-in-1 Pore care:
Shrinks pores + Controls sebum + Exfoliates + Deeply cleanses + Brightens tone + Cools

Active Ingredients:

jeju volcanic scoria

To look at the full list of ingredients, its function for each, and its safety/irritant levels go ahead and click on this website: http://cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_e225190865.html

Directions:

  1. After cleansing and toner, apply mask all over face, making sure to avoid eyes and lips.
  2. Let mask clay mask sit for 10  minutes.
  3. Rinse with lukewarm water.

Review:

I bought this off of ebay for about $15 dollars. The packaging is very simple: a brown plastic container with a metal bronze twist cap. Because of the packaging it could get a bit messy and it may get unsanitary because you have to keep digging your fingers into the product. There is about 100 mL of product.

Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask Packaging
When applying the clay mask there is some resistance against your face, but not too much where you feel like your tugging at your skin. There's an immediate cooling sensation and it continues to stay cool throughout the entire process. The mask is quite tacky and can get messy. There is no special fragrance or scent to the mask, it smells just like clay.

I leave the mask for about 10 minutes or when it is no longer tacky to the touch and then I rinse it off even though the mask hasn't fully dried. The reason I don't leave it on until it becomes crackly and flakey is because at this point, the mask begins to suck out moisture from your face, which can cause it to become dehydrated and irritated. I do find it difficult to wash the product off my face.

Clay when first applied on hand.

Clay after 10 minutes on hand.

I've had this tub of clay mask for a few months now and have been using it once a week. There is a good amount of product, so one tub will last you for a while! Upon rinsing, my face feels cool, clean, fresh, soft, and smooth. I never feel like my skin is tight or dry after using this mask. I've also used this mask when I had a few blemishes and noticed that this definitely helps calm them and reduces the redness. It helps with controlling my oily combo skin, but I'm not sure at how effective this is at reducing my pores. However, I do recommend this product if you want to try a new clay mask.

Overall:

Pros:
Cons:
*cooling sensation
*face feels clean, fresh, soft, and smooth
*reduces redness/calms from blemishes
*controls oil, without leaving skin feel dehydrated/dry
*product lasts for a while
*can get messy/everywhere
*not much a difference in pore size
*slightly difficult to wash off 
*can be unsanitary because of packaging


DISCLAIMER:
Just wanted to note that the products I review are all purchased with my own money, unless I state otherwise. If you do use any of these products, please do so at your discretion as the results will vary depending on the person and their skin type.  I am in no way responsible for the results or outcome if you decide to try any of the products I recommend. These reviews are my 100% honest thoughts. Please don't be offended if I didn't like a product that you happen to love. What may work or not work for me, may be totally different from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment