Monday, January 30, 2017

Missha Flower Bouquet Cleansing Cream Cherry Blossom


What is it for?

Cleansing cream that removes makeup residue and impurities.

Active Ingredients:

On the Missha website, it doesn’t really specify any active ingredients, only that there is cherry blossom extract in the product.

On cosdna.com there isn't a list for the cleansing cream in cherry blossom, but on the Missha website, they list the ingredients:

Hydrogented Polyisobutene, Water, Prunus Serrulata Flower Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Olive Oil PEG-7 Esters, Glyceyrl Stearate SE, Polysorbate 60, Isopropyl Myristate, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cyclomethicone, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Sodium Bicarbonate, PEG-40 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Sorbitan Stearate, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamol

Directions:

  1. Apply appropriate amount to face and massage for 1-2 minutes.
  2. Rinse product off with lukewarm water.

Review:

The packaging is simple and cute with a white base and pink cap. There is 182mL of product and it cost $10.00 on the Missha US website, which is inexpensive especially compared to the Banilla CO Clean it Zero ( 100mL of product and price ranges between $15-20).

Missha Flower Bouquet Cleansing Cream Packaging

Missha has two more scents in this line: maylily and iris. I only purchased the cherry blossom scent, because that was what intrigued me the most. Unfortunately, there was no spatula that came with this product, so it can get unhygienic because you're constantly dipping your fingers in the tub.

Picture of product
The cleansing cream is white and has the same consistency and feeling as a lotion. Upon applying to my face, it glides over smoothly and is effective at removing the makeup. However,  I find myself scrubbing a little bit harder to remove the more stubborn makeup compared to the Baniila CO.  I also noticed that I often had to keep getting more product because the amount I grabbed the first time wasn't enough to clean my face.

Products from top to bottom: BB cream, liquid eyeliner, matte liquid lipstick, lip gloss, cream lipstick, and concealer.
This was taken while I was working the product to remove the makeup.
At this point, I was having to scrub a little harder to get rid of the matte liquid lipstick.

It isn't difficult to wash off the product, but when you do, it feels like there is a residue or film covering your face. But just to note that this is a cleansing cream, so you're supposed to follow up with a water based cleanser afterwards.  Because it's very similar to lotion,  it did make my face feel softer. When using this to remove my eye makeup, it doesn't sting, but it does blur my vision if it gets into my eyes.

The one major gripe I have about this product is the smell. I was hoping for a nice elegant cherry blossom scent, but instead I get a super strong scent of floral perfume. Honestly, it's so extremely pungent that the smell lingers even after washing my face with the water based cleanser. I'm not really sensitive or get triggered by scents easily, but I absolutely do not like the scent.  The scent pretty much outweighed any positive things I felt about the cleanser.

Even though this is less expensive than the Banilla CO, I'd rather spend the extra cash on the Banilla CO.  I'm not sure about the other scents in the line, but I think I'll pass on them. I'm going to try to finish this up so I can reorder my Banilla CO and maybe try out another cleansing balm/oil. I know I kept comparing this to the Banilla CO, but I was really impressed with the Banilla CO. The Missha Flower Bouquet Cleansing Cream just doesn't do it for me, so I don't recommend it.

Overall:

Pros:
Cons:
*Packaging is cute
*Inexpensive
*Effective at removing makeup
*Makes face feel softer
*Strong perfume scent
*Can be unhygienic because of packaging
*Takes a lot more product to remove makeup
*Can cause temporary blurred vision if a lot of product gets into eyes



DISCLAIMER:
Just wanted to note that the products I review are all purchased with my own money, unless I state otherwise. If you do use any of these products, please do so at your discretion as the results will vary depending on the person and their skin type.  I am in no way responsible for the results or outcome if you decide to try any of the products I recommend. These reviews are my 100% honest thoughts. Please don't be offended if I didn't like a product that you happen to love. What may work or not work for me, may be totally different from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment