Monday, February 5, 2018

Welcos Jeju Natural Volcanic Sheet Mask

  What is it for?

Pore care & sebum control

Active Ingredients:

volcanic ash, opuntia ficus-indica stem extract, camellia japonca flower extract

To look at the full list of ingredients, its function for each, and its safety/irritant levels go ahead and click on this website: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_4969215718.html

Directions:

  1. Open the packet up.
  2. Unfold the mask inside.
  3. Place mask on face, making sure to place the holes in the mask to your eyes, nose, and mouth.
  4. Leave on for 20 minutes.
  5. Take off mask, tap the essence of the mask into your skin to absorb. Do not rinse.

Review:
 
I picked these sheet masks up at TJ MAXX. It came in a pack of 10 for about 7 or 8 dollars.  The  sheet mask has a picture of a volcano and a gray statue. The statue reminds me of grade school when I learned about the Olmecs... I wonder if they teach those kind of things at school still? Anyway, here's what the mask looks like:




The sheet mask is made of a thick, sturdy, and soft material, which was surprising because usually masks like these are more expensive. It was saturated in essence and felt nice and cooling on my face. The essence smelled like flowers. It wasn't super overpowering and I enjoyed the scent.

Generally, sheet masks always make my skin feel more hydrated and plump. I do notice that with certain sheet masks, it can leave my skin feeling slightly sticky and overly moisturized. I think the "overly moisturized" part has to do with the fact that I have oily combo skin. However, the Jeju Volcanic Mask provided a good balance of hydration. The essence absorbed nicely into my skin, made it feel hydrated, but didn't leave me feeling sticky after.

I paid close attention to my skin the next day. I wanted to see if the mask did in fact control sebum. I noticed that the day after I use these masks, my face was not as oily as it usually is. In regards to my pores, I really didn’t notice a difference when using these mask. But like I said earlier, this mask adds a good balance of hydration to the face, so I think it would still be good for all skin types, even dry ones.

Although this was a good mask, the way the mask was shaped/cut made it difficult to fit properly on my face.  It got kind of bothersome that it didn't fit on my face and I had to keep readjusting it. Because of that reason, I really don't think I'll be repurchasing the masks. I just have other masks that I like a lot better and that fit better. 

Overall:

Pros:
Cons:
*decent quality for the price
*provides balance of moisture to the face
*absorbs nicely into the skin
*controls oil
*smells nice
*don't notice a difference in pores
*sheetmask cut out makes it difficult to fit over face



DISCLAIMER:
Just wanted to note that the products I review are all purchased with my own money, unless I state otherwise. If you do use any of these products, please do so at your discretion as the results will vary depending on the person and their skin type.  I am in no way responsible for the results or outcome if you decide to try any of the products I recommend. These reviews are my 100% honest thoughts. Please don't be offended if I didn't like a product that you happen to love or vice versa. What may work or not work for me, may be totally different from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment