Friday, February 23, 2018

Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off


What is it for?

An exfoliating mask that keeps skin hydrated

Active Ingredients:

Black sugar sourced from Brazil

To look at the full list of ingredients, its function for each, and its safety/irritant levels go ahead and click on this website: http://cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_8d1f106766.html

Directions:

  1. Take a pea size to half teaspoon amount.
  2. Gently massage onto dampened skin, avoiding eyes and lips.
  3. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
  4. Rinse off with lukewarm water.

Review:

The packaging for this product is a very simple white exterior with cardboard-esque labeling. I'd classify it as a mixture of a rustic/hipster kind of feel. There is 100g of product and I bought this online for about $9. There is no spatula that comes with the product, which as always can be slightly unhygienic because you're dipping your fingers into the product.

Skin Food Black Sugar Packaging

Skin Food Black Sugar Packaging

The scrub is brown  and filled with sugar granules. I find the scent very pleasant. It smells of a sweet mixture of delicious honey and lemongrass. The product is slightly thick and goopy straight from the packaging, so I often use a little bit of water to soften it before putting on my face. I also like to use water to slightly dissolve the sugar granules because  personally for me, I feel it can be a bit too rough when putting it directly on my face.  I love the fact you can adjust/customize how strong of a mechanical exfoliation you want by using water.

Black Sugar

Black Sugar Directly from Package

Black Sugar smoothed out


I use this mostly as an exfoliator and rarely leave this on as a rinse off mask. I use this about 1-2x a week.  It's an effective exfoliator without being super harsh or stripping of my skin. After each use, my skin feels a lot smoother and softer. I find that this has definitely help my skin with texture and dullness.

It's a great product to have in your skin care regimen, I highly recommend it and will continue to repurchase and use this product.

Overall:

Pros:
Cons:
*Effective exfoliator
*Does not strip skin
*Smells great
*Inexpensive
*Can be unhygienic due to constantly dipping fingers into product
 

DISCLAIMER:
Just wanted to note that the products I review are all purchased with my own money, unless I state otherwise. If you do use any of these products, please do so at your discretion as the results will vary depending on the person and their skin type.  I am in no way responsible for the results or outcome if you decide to try any of the products I recommend. These reviews are my 100% honest thoughts. Please don't be offended if I didn't like a product that you happen to love. What may work or not work for me, may be totally different from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment