Monday, March 26, 2018

Beauty Battle: Tony Moly Kiss Kiss Lovely Lip Patch Blueberry vs Etude House Cherry Jelly Lips Patch

Welcome to a new series called Beauty Battle!

There are so many different Kbeauty brands that have a wide variety of products. A lot of times those products are similar. Because of the overlap, I decided to take some of these products and put them up against each other.

There will be four different categories that I will judge the products by: packaging, application/ease of use, experience, and results. Points will be awarded in each category and will be tallied up in the end. Whichever product has the most points wins the battle!

For the first Beauty Battle, I am putting the Tony Moly Kiss Kiss Lovely Lip Patch Blueberry against the Etude House Cherry Jelly Lips Patch.

Tony Moly on Left, Etude House on Right



Package

Both of the lip patches come in sturdy plastic and pink packaging. The Tony Moly has ducks and blueberries on it and the Etude House has a cat on it. I feel like both of the products are cute and adorable and to be honest, I really don't have a preference over one or the other. Because it's a toss up to me, I'm calling it a draw and awarding each of the brands 1 point.

Application/Ease of use

For application/ease of use of the product, I found that both products fit over my lips nicely at first. However, as time went on, I found that the Tony Moly lip patch tended to come off easier and didn't want to stay put. I constantly had to adjust the lip patch. On the other hand, the Etude House lip path stayed in place and I didn't find myself having to adjust the lip patch, which is why I'm awarding Etude House 1 point for the better application.

Experience

Both the lip patches felt cooling and tingling on the lips, which I felt was pleasant. The feeling was essentially the same, but what differed between the two was the scents of the products. The Tony Moly smelled of berries and the Etude House was supposed to smell like cherries. However, the Etude House lip patch smelled more like a wine/alcohol scent and I really did not like it. The Tony Moly lip patch is getting the point in this round.

Results

As for the results, I paid close attention to my lips during and after the treatment of each lip patch. I used these lip patches around the same time and  didn't change anything else about my routine. I noticed that after I used the Etude House patch, my lips felt hydrated and soft. This wasn't the case for the Tony Moly lip patch. My lips were dry and patchy after use. For whatever reason, it seems that the Etude House brand was better  for my lips, so it gets the point.

FINAL VERDICT: 
 
Tony Moly: 2 points

Etude House: 3 points

And the winner is…
 
Etude House 



Just a note, even though the Etude House lip patch won, I really think that I won't be repurchasing either lip patches in the future. I just felt like overall both lip patches were not impressive and I'm going to have to search for a better one to use.

Anyway, I hope you all liked this Beauty Battle series! I'll be sure to find more similar products and put them to the test in the near future!

 
DISCLAIMER:
Just wanted to note that the products I review are all purchased with my own money, unless I state otherwise. If you do use any of these products, please do so at your discretion as the results will vary depending on the person and their skin type.  I am in no way responsible for the results or outcome if you decide to try any of the products I recommend. These reviews are my 100% honest thoughts. Please don't be offended if I didn't like a product that you happen to love. What may work or not work for me, may be totally different from you.




1 comment: